The Best laptop for Digital Art in 2022
Affiliate Disclaimer : Artmellows.com may contain links to affiliate websites( Amazon and others), and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. For more Info check our Disclosure here.
Finding the right laptop for digital art can be an even more difficult task than looking for the right laptop overall, because there are so many options out there.
The rate at which companies produce laptops for specific user categories has resulted in a flood of hundreds of products that are only slightly distinguishable from one another in the world of gadgets. For this reason, you are going to want to make sure you have the appropriate purchase guide by your side as you move forwards with this project.
As a digital artist, you have specific requirements that must be met, and some of the most popular laptops on the market today simply cannot meet those requirements.
After analysing, evaluating, and benchmarking more than thirty different laptops over the course of a week and a half, we were finally able to identify some of the most effective laptops for drawing and animation.
Our top recommendation is a fantastic laptop that has a futuristic design, a look that is modern-industrial, a premium build, excellent performance, and perhaps most impressively, it also can be used up as a graphics tablet..Isn’t it Great!!
Let’s dive in…
What are The Best laptop for Digital Art in 2022
The best Laptops for Digital art
- Asus Zenbook Flip 13 OLED– Best laptop with dual screen
- HP Envy X360 — The best digital art laptop for Great performance
- Apple MacBook Pro — The best laptop for digital art overall (Editor’s Choice)
- Apple Macbook Air — The best laptop for digital art for Great battery Life
- Dell XPS 17 — The best digital art laptop for Good Speed
- Lenovo Flex 5 Touchscreen — The best 2-in-1 convertible digital art laptop
- Asus Zenbook Duo UX 482 — The best digital art laptop for heavy duty performance
- Microsoft Surface Book 3 — The most powerful & Impressive digital art laptop
- Dell XPS 15 — The best all-rounder digital art laptop
Hardware requirements at a bare minimum for sketching , sculpting and animation
When looking to purchase a laptop, one of the first things to do is familiarise oneself with the device’s fundamental specifications.
- A laptop that has a processor that is slow and a limited amount of RAM simply does not have the horsepower to run graphically heavy programmes smoothly.
- Storage capacity of at least 8 GB and preferably 16 GB Always having more is a benefit.
- Minimum storage capacity of 256 GB using NVMe or SSD Other requirements
- Coverage of more than 95% of the sRGB colour gamut (color accuracy)
- Brightness of the scree of more than 300 nits at a resolution of 2k and 60 hertz for output on external monitors
- The following are some of the most fundamental necessities that your computer must possess:
- The performance will be more consistent and enjoyable with a faster processor.
- Intel processors have 4 cores and 8 threads each.
- RAM with 6 cores and 6 threads, as offered by AMD CPUs, is designed to improve both stability and multitasking performance.
In the year 2022, the Apple MacBook Pro is the best computer that Apple makes for artists. It is able to run all of the creative software that is available for the Macintosh platform, it can store the largest files and portfolios, and it can display the work with astonishing levels of detail, colour, and vitality.
The depth, resolution, and vivid colours of the display on the MacBook Pro make it an excellent tool for artists to use because it enhances the quality of their work. It is possible to get up to 21 hours of use out of a single charge. Because it has 32 cores, it provides excellent performance for applications that rely heavily on graphics. It has a Facetime HD camera that can record in 1080p.
Additionally, the Apple MacBook Pro is incredibly quick, powerful, and bug-free in its operation. It is able to support any digital artist and grants them the ability to complete their projects while displaying the results in an accurate and elegant manner.
- Chips that are an improved version of the M1 Pro and M1 Max 1080p high-definition web cameras Connectivity ports and expansion
- Lacks a Face ID and seems quite Bulky
The Microsoft Surface laptop is a solidly constructed device. It is lightweight, elegant, and sturdy. It has a high-definition touch screen, ample processing power, and sufficient memory to run even the most demanding art or animation software.
The Surface Pro laptop's latest-generation, ultra-fast processors, Radeon graphics coprocessor, and ultra-fast DDR4 RAM make it ideal for complicated applications such as animation, high-resolution graphics, and professional picture editing.
It also features a removable SSD drive, which is advantageous for artists and photographers and makes it easier to upgrade the machine.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13.5-inch is also available with a smaller screen and somewhat different specifications and technology, but it remains a powerful and attractive device for any working professional or fine artist.
- USB-C port is available Rapid charging Rapid processor and Looks sleek
- Battery Life is not so good
Best Laptop for digital Artists
The NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti graphics on the Dell XPS 15, more often known as the Creator Edition laptop, is indeed something to aspire to.
Dolby Vision's HDR imaging technology is integrated into the laptop's jaw-dropping 4K display, which also features a colour gamut that covers 94% of the CI-P3 standard, 100% of the Adobe RGB colour space, and more than 16 million intensely vibrant colours.
Diamonds are carved into the highly polished sidewalls that it has. One of the most impressive features of the Dell XPS 15 is its quad-speaker design with Waves Nx audio.
The 15.6-inch Full High Definition (FHD) InfinityEdge anti-glare display on the Dell XPS 15 helps to prevent eye strain and tiredness.
Because of its streamlined appearance and lightning-fast speed, we believe that it is one of the best laptops currently available for digital art.
- The trackpad with the highest quality on a Windows laptop
- Outstanding 500 nits brightness
- Superior colour fidelity (100% Adobe RGB)
- In addition to Windows Hello (facial unlock), this device also has a fingerprint sensor.
- When operating at maximum power, the fans are quite noisy.
- Mediocre video calling camera and No number pad
The ASUS Zenbook Flip 13 is a one-of-a-kind laptop that comes with a long range of features that are really outstanding.
To begin, it is a two-in-one laptop that folds completely around itself and has a hinge that rotates 360 degrees. In addition to that, it accepts touch input and can be used with a stylus that is active.
Unlike Apple and Microsoft, Asus is one of those brands that does not frequently get all the credit they deserve. This is especially true in the consumer electronics industry.
But they go about their business in secret and continue to crank out excellent goods anyway.
- Outstanding colour reproduction with coverage of 100% DCI-P3 (133% sRGB) on a panel that is ultra-compact, ultra-thin, and ultra-lightweight (13 inches, OLED)
- Inadequate provision of cold air
- There is no fingerprint scanner.