Affiliate Disclaimer: Artmellows.com may contain links to affiliate websites( Amazon and others), and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. For more Info check our Disclosure here.
Although it is one of the largest and most popular online learning platforms currently available, Udemy is missing some features that other platforms have.
You may need to investigate some Udemy competitors if you are interested in taking more specialized classes.
Check out our In-depth Top Online course providers to choose 🌐15 the best online course providers in 2024 to Upskill
I consider myself to be an eLearning junkie, and I am a digital Artist, so I’ve spent a significant amount of time looking for online programs.
That information has been condensed into this concise guide to the top Udemy alternatives that are deserving of your time and consideration.
A Quick Guide- Try out Creativelive if you're looking for creative classes, UDACITY if you're interested in Tech & professional training, and FutureLearn Limited for Short Courses to Online Degrees
Top 10 Best Udemy alternatives
- Skillshare– from design and business to technology and more[ Full Skillshare Review]
- Udacity– Best for Tech & professional training,
- FutureLearn Limited for Short Courses to Online Degrees [ Full FutureLearn Review]
- edX– the Best Overall [ eDX Review]
- Edureka – Corporate & Online Live Courses for professionals
- CreativeLive– Best for CREATIVE Courses [ Full CreativeLIVE Review]
- Coursera – For Pro Certificates & Degrees. [ Full Courser Review]
- Creativebug– Cost effective Creative Courses available
- Learning 24/7– Best for Health care Accredited Courses
- Tutorials Point – The best for data science, Biz and personal Development
- Lead Academy: Best for Individual course-based payment model
What are the Best Udemy alternatives sites to learn new skills in 2024
Skillshare.com Official Site – Get Started With 1 Month Free
The online learning platform Skillshare covers a wide range of topics, from design and business to technology and more. For many, the site has proven to be a gold mine of information and instruction.
Skillshare’s extensive course catalog is one of its most appealing features. The site features thousands of classes given by industry professionals. As a result, you can study just about anything you want.
Skillshare’s accessibility is a further benefit. You can take any of the classes from any location so long as you have access to the internet. The classes can be seen whenever convenient, making it easy to study around other commitments.
However, Skillshare’s course quality has been questioned by some users. Even if there are plenty of excellent courses to choose from, you should be aware that not all of them are created equal.
Additionally, there have been reports of bugs and slowness from some users.
Many of its users have praised Skillshare for its usefulness in expanding their horizons and expanding their expertise.
Of course, before committing to a course on Udemy or any other online learning site, it is essential to perform some preliminary investigation and check out some user reviews to be sure you are getting your money’s worth.
FutureLearn Limited from Short Courses to Online Degrees
Enjoy Unlimited access to 1000+ online courses – now only
$379.99 $264.99 for one year
I highly recommend FutureLearn due to its extensive catalog of high-quality, cost-free, online degrees and professional development certification programs.
The portal also boasts highly effective course outlines and peer-to-peer discussion forums. Honestly, what else do you need? Let’s find out…
Read our Full Review of FutureLearn here.
What we Like
- Integrity in the group
- A wide variety of high-quality online degree programs.
- A free curriculum leading to certification
- Solid curricula
- Active online forums
- The UI and navigation are top-notch.
What we don’t like
- There are no mobile apps for either Android or iOS.
- Limited Number of Courses.
Udacity– Best for Tech & professional training( Nanodegres)
Get the skills you need for a $100k+ tech career in just 3 months.
Udacity’s Nanodegrees are designed to prepare students for emerging fields of work (the name it gives to its Learning Programs). This well-liked site collaborates with industry heavyweights like Google and Microsoft to develop courses teaching in-demand technical skills.
What we Like
- Outstanding Course Material: Udacity creates its own courses in close cooperation with (market-dominating) partners including Google, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mercedes, and Nvidia.
- Support for Working Professionals: Nanodegree students at Udacity have access to Udacity’s Career Services, which include a review of their LinkedIn profile and GitHub repository in addition to their resume and cover letter.
- Certificates: A certificate is awarded by Udacity upon successful completion of a Nanodegree (what the company calls its courses).
- Available at No Cost: Over two hundred free courses are available on Udacity. A good introduction to this well-known online learning group can be found here.
What we don’t like
- Be aware, though, that if you use Udacity for free, you won’t have access to Certificate features.
- Remember that Udacity is a non-accredited private university
Start learning from the world’s best institutions
Let’s get started with a high-level introduction to this online learning community.
You are looking at the proper platform if getting a formal education is something that interests you because you are looking at it. edX’s leading partners, who number 160 educational establishments in total and include Harvard and Berkeley University, are responsible for the development of its more than 3,000 online courses and 300+ programs.
What we Like
- Certificates That Can Be Trusted – Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate that has been checked for accuracy.
- Partnerships – Courses are offered in collaboration with illustrious organizations, educational institutions, and businesses such as Harvard, Berkeley, and Microsoft.
- Access to free audits of courses – You will have access to all of the course materials, with the exception of the graded assignments, but you will not be awarded a verified certificate upon completion of the course. Aside from that, you are free to participate in the majority of the courses.
- 14-day Return and Exchange Policy – If you decide that you do not want to continue with a confirmed course that you have purchased within the first 14 days after making the purchase, edX will give you a full refund immediately.
What we don’t like
- In the future, the one-time financial contribution might need to be reexamined in order to ensure that the institution can continue to provide courses of the same high volume and standard.
- Developing content that is both strategic and in demand will fall entirely under the purview of partners.
Edureka – Corporate & Online Live Courses for professionals
Choose a category to find your course 100+ Live online courses chosen by 50000+ working professionals
The fact that Edureka has received 4.42 stars out of 5 from its customers reflects the fact that the vast majority of its clients are pleased with the products they have purchased.
Customers who are pleased with Edureka typically highlight the company’s support team, the quality of the courses, and the overall great experience. Edureka ranks 2nd among Job Training sites.
What we Like
- They have a certified Trainor on staff in addition to a world-class tutor who has extensive experience and knowledge in the field of training.
- Therefore, it should come as no surprise that they teach you using examples from real life, which helps to make the learning process easier.
- They have an after-sales support system that is of world-class caliber. Your problems, whether technical or non-technical, that are related to the course you opted for will be solved on a priority basis, no matter what they are.
- In the event that you are experiencing difficulties with finances, they offer a variety of financial operations. In addition to this, the Sales Person will provide you with excellent support.
What we don’t like
- No relevant job support for the course you take
- Not having quizzes on certain modules.
- Not a specific course SME being aligned with a particular batch or on an individual level.
CreativeLive– best for Creative courses
The creative and entrepreneurial professionals of the world, unite! CreativeLive is an online creative community.
It features over 2,000 well-curated classes given by over 700 carefully selected teachers.
The name of the program comes from the fact that it teaches people how to be more innovative and resourceful in their everyday lives.
Do what you love.
Learn the skills you need to live your dreams in your career, hobby, and life. Free/From $10 – Master your craft, your passion, or something new with creative classes taught by the world’s best.
Therefore, CreativeLive could be the ideal online venue for you to hone your writing, blogging, art, or design abilities.
More than 10 million people have signed up for one of its many art classes.
What We Like
- Courses created by Experts in Their Fields of Study – There are almost 700 of the best teachers in the business teaching there, including authors, musicians, and actors like Daymond John and Mel Robbins.
- Exceptional Quality courses – The quality of CreativeLive’s films is consistently high because they are all shot in-house by professional filmmakers.
- Cancellation and Refunding Procedures All purchases of individual courses have a 30-day return window, whereas the Creator Pass has a 7-day window.
- Live, Online Instruction Available at No Cost– While they are being broadcast live, all courses can be viewed for no cost.
- Accessibility-Learning on CreativeLive is convenient since it can be done from any computer or mobile device, and because course materials may be downloaded in advance.
What we don’t like
- No Certificates given after completion of the course: There is currently no way to earn a credential or certificate through CreativeLive. Coursera and edX are where you should search if this is what you are interested in.
- It might be quite costly to take certain classes individually.- It’s possible that the higher-priced lessons on CreativeLive are overpriced.
Coursera – For Pro Certificates & Degrees.
Learn without limits
Start, switch, or advance your career with more than 5,400 courses, Professional Certificates, and degrees from world-class universities and companies.
Coursera offers thousands of courses, Guided Projects, Professional Certificates, and Degrees. It develops courses with top universities and companies.
Coursera provides free, individual, monthly, and annual subscriptions. Its flexible, cheap, job-relevant courses are acknowledged by potential employers.
Coursera Plus offers a free trial and refunds on specific courses and Coursera Plus within two weeks.
What we Like
- Cost-effective Programs of Study -The cost of their courses and degrees is much lower than that of traditional universities.
- Offline Study -The Coursera app has the option to save course content for offline viewing. Ideal for a long flight, as you can study and learn without tying down to one location.
- Open Courseware-Although you can take any of Coursera’s 2,600+ free courses, there is no certificate available for doing so. On the other hand, you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade if you feel like it.
- Institutions of Higher Education and Other Partners: Coursera’s educational offerings are the result of collaboration with more than 200 prestigious institutions like Imperial College, Stanford University, Google, and IBM.
What we don’t like
- Previous Experience or Education– The nature of the subject matter taught in some classes may necessitate that students enter with some level of background knowledge. Not necessarily easy to pick up for newcomers.
- Price Confusion -Numerous pricing tiers can leave customers wondering what the real cost of a course is.
Before Taking an Online Course- Consider the following.
Your Education Goals- what you want to Achieve
Why online courses? Looking for a non-traditional college?
Need new skills to advance or move careers? Intellectual or personal growth? Knowing your goals can help you pick the right online course provider.
Many, like Codecademy and CretiveLIVE, offer career-focused programs to prepare students for their desired careers. The Great Courses targets lifelong learners.
Your Learning style
Online learning is beneficial, but not for everyone. Online students that focus on reading, lectures, and self-guided practice fare well.
Online learning may not suit kinesthetic learners who demand accountability and involvement with instructors and classmates. HubSpot Academy offers free online training for beginners.
This is a great opportunity to try online learning before buying a course.
Your Tech and learning setup
Check your IT setup before taking an online course. An internet-connected gadget and a video-capable internet connection are usually enough.
Most online students utilize desktops, but many providers include mobile apps for accessibility. Make sure your classes and work are distraction-free. If you study in a noisy place, noise-canceling headphones can help.
What’s your Learning Budget
Online courses are cheaper than traditional degrees.
Multi-class charges might mount up. Online courses don’t qualify for financial aid or scholarships, so students must pay full price. Your online education provider will depend on your budget.
FutureLearn, a subscription-based supplier, may make sense if you want to take several courses.
Some suppliers provide identical courses at varying prices.
Best Online Course Providers in 2023: Get on to learn new skills in 2023
That wraps up our discussion of the top Online Course Providers for 2023! Do you have any more suggestions to offer? Please leave your thoughts in the comments down below!