How to start a blog with WordPress for Designers in less than 2 Hrs| ARTMELLOWS
Affiliate Disclaimer: Artmellows.com may contain links to affiliate websites( Amazon and others), and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. For more Info check our Disclosure here.
1. Blogging is a way to showcase what you love- Your niche may be gardening or Photography or even Knitting
2. Blogging brings Passive Income- Interesting huh!
3. Blogging has the POTENTIAL to become your main source Of Income A.K.A You can Leave your 9-5 Job if you want to!
WordPress is the blogging platform of choice for you.
Congratulations! WordPress is a great way to get started with a blog, and we love blogs in general!
As an added bonus, it’s really easy to set up a free blog. Why do we suggest it can be done in less than 2 Hrs’ time?
It’s crucial to know what you need to do and how to accomplish it, even if getting started with a WordPress site is easy. Otherwise, you’ll end up wasting valuable time.
Our step-by-step tutorial is designed to help those who need it. We’ll walk you through each and every step of setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog.
Also, with the help of a lot of screenshots and easy-to-follow directions. Create a blog right now!
- Domain name: It costs roughly $10 a year to register a domain name.
- Hosting: It costs about $3-$9 per month to host a website (but you can get a discount if you pay for a year upfront). We use either Bluehost or Siteground depending on the needs of our Blog sites.
- WordPress.org itself is completely free to use.
- WP Theme: Your blog’s design is determined by the theme you choose. There are loads of no-cost options available. There are usually premium themes that cost $60 or more.
- We would prefer a Paid Theme as they are more Reliable with regular Updates. However, you can use lightweight Themes like ASTRA and HELLO WORLD. Note: Make some basic and Minimalist Customization of the theme. Do not go overboard when it comes to customization in your Beginning days of Blogging.
- You can also add some new features to your blog by using plugins. We prefer NOT to use too many Plugins as it may weigh down your site. Less than 15 Plugins Should be ok for a blog site.
- Plugins: There are more than 50,000+ free plugins to choose from, so you don’t have to pay a cent. There are, however, a few premium plugins, which can range in price.
- Privacy, Disclaimer page, About us, and Contact us page Creation are the important steps for any WP Blog setup
- YOU ARE NOW Ready to write your 1st Blog!
1. Domain Registration
Blogs used to be primarily a personal journaling medium, but they are now an integral aspect of both personal and commercial internet communication.
Blogs are used by more than 60 percent of organizations to create a reputation, explore new markets, and engage with customers.
It will help your website rise in the search engine results page (SERP).
As a result, your website will rank better in Google search results for relevant items and services. You’ll make more money this way. According to HubSpot, 60% of companies who blog see an increase in consumers.
Blogging is a simple and seemingly comfortable method of communication in the internet world today!
It needs no prior expertise and just a limited amount of setup, technical knowledge, work, and some initial money( Any Business would, right?). Anyone can create a blog using the WordPress platform.
You can create a website in about 60-90 minutes( Realistically), even if you don’t have any programming abilities, by using free CMS like WordPress and low-cost hosting Bluehost.
The Initial learning curve of WordPress, Hosting and theme Installation could be a bit steep curve for a complete newbie. There are many Blogging courses around that you can make use of.
At Artmellows we do the 30 mins Consultation and provide step-by-step guidance over Live ZOOM for the WordPress blog setup with a Free Theme or a Paid Theme. Check out the pricing sheet below.
If you are too busy in your day job, have no time to learn how to start a blog, and still want to start your Blogging Biz, we are here to help.
We have done it for many of our regular clients. Contact us if you need more information about Niche websites.
Even more essential, if you intend to make money from your blog, is the fact that, in contrast to most other commercial operations, blogs require little or no initial investment and provide no obstacles to entry.
Most other companies require funds to purchase equipment, recruit personnel, or participate in large-scale marketing, but you can start a blog with as little as $200 and grow it into a successful Blogging Business.
3. Install WordPress & a simple Lightweight WP Theme
When beginning a blog, you’re unlikely to require extensive technical knowledge, particularly if you’re using a platform like WordPress.org.
The ability to use WordPress and WP themes to their fullest potential. In order to start a successful blog, you do not need to be a full-fledged WordPress developer or coder.
But you should surely understand the basics of HTML coding, such as picture interlinking, adding alt tags, inserting headlines in h1 or h2 tags, and so on and so forth.
As a sophisticated content creation tool, WordPress requires no prior coding knowledge on the part of the user.
We use Generate press theme and they come with blocks that are very useful if you do not want to use Page Builders Like Elementor.
However, learning the fundamentals of web design (the language used to instruct a web browser on how to display a web page) can be helpful as you embark on your new blogging journey.
Also Read: What the heck is WordPress CMS? A beginners Guide
Additionally, you will learn how to install WordPress themes, and plugins, customize themes, upload media, and incorporate SEO.
You don’t want to rely on a developer for every piece of fundamental code, and you may get away without delving into great detail.
If, on the other hand, you want a more organized learning experience, I recommend enrolling in a self-paced learning program like Treehouse, which teaches you how to code through interactive activities.
4. Customize your WP theme( site logo,Menu,Footer , Colors & Fonts)
Is it Really necessary to Customize Your Theme for a Blog site?: Yes, But extensive or major theme customization is not needed.
For a Blog, you do not need Extensive Customizing. You may just need to Change the Color as per your Logo and Change a few Fonts, add a logo and caption to your site and also add menus( header & Footer).
Also, add some Functionality of the theme to your Blog site for Instance Site logo, caption, Menu, footer menu, etc.
Site design is determined by the theme you choose: how it looks and how it presents content (use our theme detector tool to identify the underlying theme for a design you like). Plugins extend the capabilities of a program.
Consider installing a plugin yourself if you want to make useful modifications rather than aesthetic ones.
Depending on your preferences, you can create your own plugin, use one from the plugin directory, or purchase one.
Customizing Your WordPress Theme with Page Builders and Frameworks
Many WordPress themes offer the ability to be customized via the Customizer, allowing you to make changes to the design and layout.
Some themes, on the other hand, go a step further and allow for extensive customization and extension.
These frameworks are the name given to those themes.
Page builders like Elementor ( we used tp have elementor Page Builder on all our sites) are a type of plugin that allows you to construct your site using an easy-to-use interface.
The downside of Elementor is it may reduce the speed of your website and this may affect your Core web Vitas. Recently we Changed most of the Portfolio websites to Theme Generate Press and since then the speed of our website has improved much.
If you are using Elemetor Pro with WP-Rocket a speed Plugin you will see a significant increase in the speed of your website.
5. Download all the Plugins needed to start your blogs- Most of them are FREE!
WordPress Plugins: Enhance the Usability of Your Site
In contrast to WordPress themes, plugins are designed to enhance the operation of your blog by providing new features.
Your viewers may want to get in touch with you via a contact form, for example.
WordPress plugins are the means by which additional features like this can be added to the platform.
WordPress Plugins can be found in a variety of places.
WordPress plugins for bloggers can be found in this post, but if you choose to go it alone, there are tens of thousands of both free and premium WordPress plugins to choose from:
Quick List of Plugins
The Must-have Plugins to start a Blog are
- SEO Plugin -we prefer Rankmath(It’s free)
- Google site kit(free) connects your Site to Google Analytics
- Elementor Page Builder( Free Version works well too)-If you Purchase and Install Elementor Pro , You do not need any Plugins for social sharing, Popups & Forms, etc.
- WP Rocket- to speed up your website
PRO Tips for being a successful Blogger
- You should be able to search for proper keywords in your niche and write
- Good writing skills—proper knowledge of syntax, grammar, and sentence formation. The more you write, the more you improve.
- You must read A LOT. To broaden your horizons and knowledge, reading books, blogs or listening to good podcasts is really important since it helps you with ideas
- Ideation– A unique angle or perspective is what makes a blog stand out.
- SEO- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization to make your content appear higher in the search results.
- Market the blog- promote the blog on social media to get visitors and followers
6. Create Privacy Page, Disclaimer page, About us page & Contact us page
The “About Us” section of a Blog’s website is often disregarded. The pages that have the greatest impact on your search engine rankings are those that deal with your services or products.
However, we often disregard the user’s experience in the pursuit of SEO.
This is most prevalent on the “About Us” page of a website because it contains more content.
Your “About Us” section doesn’t have to be loaded with keywords in order to be informative.
In order to answer any queries potential customers may have regarding your dealership, this page has been created.
7. Launch Your Blog Today!
Today is the Day to Begin!
You now have a fully-functional WordPress-powered blog.
Now that you’ve learned how to set up your WP Blog site and how to customize the look and functionality of your blog using themes and plugins, it’s time to get started.
Only now can you begin composing blog posts that your readers will enjoy reading.
Additionally, you’ll likely want to:
- Become familiar with WordPress SEO in order to improve your blog’s search engine rankings.
- Learn how to attract visitors to your blog.
- Consider monetizing your blog in some way.
- A big congrats on your new blog, and thanks for reading this guide!
Is there anything else you’d like to know about starting a blog? Ask us in the comments and we’ll do our best to assist you!
PRO Tips for Creating a Money making Blog
Best Skills You Must Learn to Make Money with Blogging
- Content Writing Skill [Create valuable content for customers]
- Keyword Research Skill [About Long-tail Keywords/Low Competition Keywords/competitors/Target Audience/
- WordPress [To build your internet hub aka blog]
- Basic Design Skill [knowledge of design tools such as Canva]
- Networking In FB Groups and Linked IN Groups
- Pinterest Marketing
- Email Marketing [Email automation]
- Video Marketing [Webinar, Facebook Live, YouTube]
- SEO Skill – Driving Traffic to website/blog organically without spending money
Bonus Tip: Analytical Skill [Measure and know what is working for You]