SEO writing for beginners: SEO 101
What is SEO? and why should you care about it?
SEO is all about both knowing and delivering what people are searching for online, the answers people are seeking, the words they’re using, and the type of content they wish to read or watch.
Check out our comprehensive guide to starting, Grow & Monetize Digital Art Blog : 🌐How to start a Design & art blog -48 Point Comprehensive Checklist for starting a Digital ART blog
Knowing the answers to these questions will allow you to connect to the people who are searching online for the solutions you offer.
Basically, Search engines are like answer machines.
They happen to see billions of blocks of content and assess thousands of factors and data to analyze which content is most likely to answer your query.
Search engines do all of this by discovering and cataloging all available content on the Internet (Blogs, web pages, images, pdf’s, videos, and so on.) through a method known as “crawling and indexing,” and then ordering or ranking the content by considering the fact like how good it matches the web searcher’s query.
Do you want to understand what SEO is and how it works?
Want to learn about SEO marketing and how to apply it to your own business?
We’ve built this simple guide to teach you all about SEO sense, SEO optimization, and SEO marketing. With this resource, you will be able to identify your SEO and produce long-term results.
3. Definition of SEO, Meaning of SEO, and How SEO Marketing Works in Real-time.
What is SEO and how does it work? Here we start with the basics of the SEO concept and SEO meaning.
Businesses with the highest search engine rankings all understand the value of learning SEO optimization within and outside, but of course, they had to learn the basics first.
SEO Definition: SEO is an acronym that stands for search engine optimization, which is the method of optimizing the website for organic or unpaid traffic from the search engine results page.
In other words, SEO means making some improvements to your website design and content that make your site more appealing to a search engine.
You do this with the expectation that the search engine will show your website as the top result on the search engine results list.
While SEO sense and SEO marketing may seem complicated due to the various factors that may influence your ranking, the search engine optimization process is simpler than it appears to be.
What is SEO Strategy?
An SEO strategy (a.k.a “SEO approach” or a “search engine optimization strategy”) is the process of planning, outlining, and implementing steps to improve search engine rankings.
In other words, an SEO strategy is a process that you use to increase organic traffic to your Business website.
4. Why SEO is important for your Design Blog?
In previous years, people searched the web to find a list of documents that contained the words they typed in.
But That does not happen anymore.
In recent years many people search for things OR Services they need online.
Today’s web searchers search to solve problems, accomplish tasks, and “do” something.
They might be searching to book a Restaurant for dinner, purchase something, learn more about Keto Diet, or browse llama photos.
That traffic can be extremely powerful for a business not only because there is loads of traffic, but because there is a lot of truly specific, high-intent traffic.
“On a broad scale, I see SEO becoming a normalised marketing tactic, the same way TV, radio, and print are traditionally thought of as marketing tactics.” – Duane Forrester
For instance: If your company sells Hair Driers, would you rather invest in marketing via a billboard so anyone in your city sees your ad, or do you prefer showing up online every time anyone across the globe searches for “ Buy Hair Driers” in any search engine?
The most likely answer is the latter one because those people have purchasing intentions, which means they are loudly saying that they want to buy what you are offering.
Implementing powerful and high-quality SEO on a brand’s website and digital properties is always going to be beneficial to that brand and its marketing efforts.
SEO is considered a “new age” marketing technique, but it’s vital to a brand’s web presence in this day and age of the internet and social media.
SEO has come a long way from the days of metadata. Also, important with respect to the upsurge in available data and high competition from other businesses.
Why SEO is so important to any business?
SEO is important because it ensures that search results are balanced.
It limits the ability to manipulate these results as much as possible, ensuring that the sites that appear for each search are there because they deserve to be there.
SEO also improves user experience, increasing the likelihood of customers becoming repeat buyers.
5. How do search engines work?
Search engines like Google, Bing, etc have three primary functions:
- Crawling through data: Purge the Internet for relevant content, looking over the data/ content for each website/URL they could find.
- Indexing: Store and organize the content found during the crawling process. Once a page is in the index, it’s in the running to be displayed as a result of relevant queries.
- Ranking content: Provide the pieces of content that will be the best answer to what the web searcher is looking for which means results are grouped by most relevant to not-so-relevant.
What is crawling in SEO?
Crawling occurs when Google or another search engine sends a bot to a web page or web post to “read” it.
Crawling is the first step in having a search engine recognize and displays your page in search results.
However, having your page crawled does not necessarily imply that it has been (or will be) indexed.
Let’s discuss What are the factors that Affect On-page and Off-page SEO Optimisation:
1. Content Marketing
- Blog posts and articles
- Social media content
- E-books and How-To Guides
- Tutorials, Videos and audio recordings
- Infographics and any other visual content
2. On-Page SEO
Here are just a few of the on-page SEO factors that can help you improve your search ranking:
- Title Tag & Subheadings – The title tag on what page shows the search engines what your page is all about. It should be 70 characters or less, including both the keyword that focuses on your content and your business name.
- Focus on your business name. Not only do sub-headings make your content easier for visitors to read, but they can also help improve your SEO. You can use H1, H2, and H3 tags to help search engines better understand what your content is about.
- Meta Description & page/post URL/slug – The meta description on your website tells search engines a little bit more about what each page is about. This is also used by your human visitors to better understand what the page is about and if it’s relevant.
- This should include your keyword and also provide enough details to tell the reader what the content is about.
- Another significant point is that the URL(Slug) must contain the keywords that a particular post or sales page is aiming for.
- Internal Links & External Links – Building internal links, or hyperlinks to other content on your site can help search engines learn more about your site.
- For example, if you are writing a post about the value of a specific service, you can link to the service page in your blog post. And if you’re explaining something in your Blog, you can link the definition written by another Blogger or another website and that is an External Link,
- Image Name and ALT Text – If you are using images on your website or within your blog content, you will also want to include your keyword or phrase in the image name and alt tag.
By including this information, you also help give your SEO definition.
This will help search engines better index your images, which may appear when users perform an image search for a certain keyword or phrase
3. Off-page SEO:
In addition to the on-page SEO elements that your company has power over, there are also off-page SEO variables that can affect your ranking.
While you do not have full influence over these off-page factors, there are ways in which you can increase the odds of making these factors work for you.
A few of the different off-page SEO factors that can impact your search engine rankings are Backlinks, social, and trust.
While you don’t have a direct influence on what’s going on outside your company, you can improve your chances of enhancing off-page SEO by simply producing quality content that others can find useful.
By giving your SEO sense, you will draw the attention of more search engine users.
The more important and engaging your content is the more likely people would be to connect to and post your content on social media.
More people trust your content, and more search engines will become friendly to your website.
- Content Creation (Blogs and Website content)
- Social Media content
- Link Building & Backlinks
- Web 2.0s
- Online Directories
6. Technical SEO
The SEO element that includes enhancing all the technical parts of your website is technical SEO. Both of these work together to improve your ranking.
How are they doing this? For search engines, technical SEO is all about increasing readability, making it easier for them to understand the website and what you are all about.
It is a more specific part of on-page SEO, yet to include more specific elements, it has been slowly isolated and summed up
Technical SEO Checklist
- Simplify your site architecture
- Construct an XML sitemap
- Optimize your website for mobile devices
- Search for and bulk up thin content
- Get rid of duplicate content
- Speed up loading time to less than three seconds
- Search for and fix links to 404 error pages
- Secure your website(SSL certificate)
- Create structured data for important pages using Schema.org
A good SEO professional not only understands the web searcher’s intentions but the highly competitive landscape as well.
It isn’t enough to just understand what the web user is looking for, search marketers need to understand what other options are available in the marketplace, and how they can fill the gap to provide a better solution for the web searcher’s query or the requirement.
Bear in mind that search engine optimization takes time to work your magic.
You’re not going to taste the benefits of SEO overnight. It can take months, in fact, to enjoy the results of your hard work.
7. Local SEO
What is Local SEO?
The process of optimizing a company’s website, product, or service for a location-specific search query is Local SEO.
Google and other search engines use the location of a user based on an IP address (desktop) and geolocation (mobile) in order to determine the user’s performance.
So the search engine will show local businesses related to their location when someone conducts a local search for a vet, car wash, or dentist.
Local SEO (search engine optimization) marketing is an effective way to market a local business online.
As your online presence is locally optimized, your business will attract high-quality traffic from relevant local searches.
This is a great way to build a wide local audience and climb SERPs (search engine result pages).
Over to You!
So if you have come this far, you should know a lot of data about how websites are ranked by search engines and how you can place your own website and company to attract more search traffic from search engines such as Google.
Next, what do you do?
Always note that the ultimate aim of any search engine optimization project is to maximize the visibility and traffic for your company or your site’s content.
Look for ways to help your company and website with search engine traffic: don’t just chase after the new SEO buzzwords or hop every time Google makes a suggestion that could boost your search rankings while harming your overall company.
Are you interested in learning more about how SEO can work for your business?
Do you want to create and give sense to your SEO?
If you’re not pleased with your search engine rankings, it might be time to call a Melbourne Digital marketing company.
The professional marketing team at DivDigital Agency offers premium web design and SEO services that will help you boost your search engine rankings and drive more organic traffic to your website.
Blogging Business-related Blogs
- How to start a WordPress blog in less than 2 Hrs Realistically!
- How to Start your Blog-The No fail beginners Guide
- Why start a Blog ? Reasons WHY you SHOULD start a Blog
- 20 must-have best marketing tools for Artists| Artmellows|